Friday, May 30, 2014

A Kee Insight

It's been a long time since I rock and rolled. I mean since I've posted. And it's something I've thought I needed to get back to. Writing consistently in this space is a discipline that I regret not keeping up with as it helps me live life more purposed. In addition, my life passes and I've no record outside of my mind and my smart phone. So I hope to find the discipline to make the time to record my "Imperfectisms". That said, let me tell you a bit about a neighbor of mine...well, a friend of mine...hmm, a brother of mine and a project that he's just put out.

Stephen Kee has been a neighbor of mine for about 10 years give or take. Over the course of those years we've become "family". He and his wife have had impacted my wife and I (and our boys) in more ways than they know. Steve is a bit of a renaissance man. He's an entertainer, author, musician, speaker and more. An artist of all arts. I'd like to take a moment to tell you about his current endeavor. And in a bloggeddy blog way, promote it.

His inSIGHT project is a collection of Steve's writings and songs in which he's pulled family and friends in to provide vocal, instrument, production, and love support. It's an eclectic mix of spoken word and music influenced by gospel, R&B, reggae and more. These pieces of word and music cover various expressions as Kee views life from the perspective of his 57 unique years on the planet. And then shares his message from himself, as well as a varied cast of characters.

Now this may not be your style of art and music, but if you truly listened, I'd bet there's something within inSIGHT that would at the very least, make you pause and consider yourself—something which I believe Kee would hope for. And while you may not agree with Kee's message—I'm not sure if that'd matter to him either.

So I encourage you to visit iTunes and search under Stephen Kee to give a quick listen, and if so inclined, to download.

Hope to be back soon. And to steal Kee's sign-off, "Peace".

No comments:

Post a Comment