Monday, May 3, 2010

Fault-mending

A Facebook friend of a friend of mine commented on a status update with the following statement. "Because I'm not perfect, I declare to be a fault-mender instead of a fault-finder!!!!!". In a past blog (Thumbing It, April 21), I spoke about pulling the thumb, or checking out our own reflection before casting blame. I also spoke of how we have a culture of blame (all of which I still hold as true). But this fault-mender concept struck me as an even deeper perspective than simply identifying our role, place, or attitude in a given situation. This reaches again to the question of What Are You Gonna Do About It? (see the WAYGDAI Question, April 2), and even further lays out that we should take a positive action. Fault-mending seems to have some sort of rectifying or reconciliation principle quality. Wondering, are we going to try to make right, or better, a situation or opportunity. Fault-mending requires thought, right perspective (I hope), and energy. Fault-mending could be self-directed or other.

Regarding Fault-mending, I have a few questions:
  1. Will I/we Fault-mend today?
  2. Do I/we have the energy to Fault-mend?
  3. Am I/we vulnerable enough recognize areas within my/ourselves that could use some Fault-mending?
  4. Would I/we allow trusted others to Fault-mend my/ourselves?
  5. Will I/we make time to Fault-mend?
  6. And perhaps the most critical piece per the original quote—Do I/we clearly recognize my/ourselves as "not perfect"?

No comments:

Post a Comment