Thursday, August 2, 2012

Chicken Sandwich in a Pickle

There's been a lot of back and forth about Chick-fil-A and Dan Cathy's views on gay marriage. It is as hot a topic and as divisive an issue as there is today. And to be honest, I am not 100% sure of my stance.  As most know who've read my blogs before, I can be a bit of a Jesus or church guy. Perhaps I should dig deeper on this issue in the good book.

I just hope that as we status update or discuss, when we look in mirrors and examine ourselves before pontificating or protesting.

I do know that the more black people I meet, spend time with, converse with, through love, makes me realize that I don't know as much about black people as I thought I did. Conversely, I also uncover the lack of difference. Perhaps I need more gay friends.

I believe God can and does handle a lot more than people give Him credit for. I also believe all to often we think God is on our team. But His Providence is larger than ours. And most likely is different than what we think it is. Or ought to be.

Let our offense be love.

No comments:

Post a Comment