Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Thinking and Knowing

I have a friend who's dad was once in a conversation with a friend, lets call her Glenda. And Glenda was going on and on about "Well, I think such and such" and "I think that fill in the blank" and "I think we need to blah, blah, blah." To which my friends dad interjected "Glenda, what do you KNOW." "Tell us what you KNOW."

There's nothing wrong with thinking. I think a lot. I also know some. I wish I knew more. It is our heart in our thinking, and the source of our knowledge, which impacts the effectiveness and truth of our thoughts and knowledge.

When thinking, where is your heart? When knowing, what is your source?

"Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it." Proverbs 4:23

Something for all of us to think about...

No comments:

Post a Comment