Friday, December 14, 2012

Dumbfounded

Today 20 Children and 6 Adults were murdered by a gunman in a Newtown CT elementary school.

I can't get my head around this. Does God look at us and weep and say, "My Creation, My Creation. Look at what you have made of yourselves." Does God look at us and weep and say "My Children, I too know what it's like to have lost a Son." I try to imagine the mind of GOD.

Humanity looks to attribute a reason for this. Do we blame the person? Do we blame the mom? Do we say "Well she must have neglected her child."? Do we blame the guns? Do we look at the video games our kids play "shooting and not feeling." Has society and culture numbed us to the point that someone is influenced to the point of insanity and we want to make sense of it. I don't think we can shelter and escape it.

We want to rationalize evil. We want to legislate evil. We just want somewhere to look and say "THIS is why this happened."

It is just horrible.

I believe in God, His Son, and His Spirit. But right now, I can make no sense of it. But I trust Him.

Lord, somehow bring peace and comfort....

No comments:

Post a Comment