Friday, July 23, 2010

Mornings with Dolly: Unashamed Pooping

Dogs seem to have the innate ability to poop in public. Dolly is no exception. Her preference however is to find some nice tall grass amid which to do her doodie....err...duty. Not only is this on any given public road or property, but under the direct surveillance of their master, or in my case, their walker.

I wish to a degree that I didn’t care as much about where I pooped. In the figurative sense. I mean, this is a very personal experience. In some cases ashamed, dependent upon a previous day’s diet. I digress....back to the figurative sense. We really care too much about others seeing us in our vulnerable state of beings. Donald Miller has written in many cases about how Adam and Eve walked around, pre-fall, naked and unashamed. When they had to poop, they probably did as Dolly. Perhaps amid some taller grass. Perhaps not.

I want to be able to figuratively poop unashamedly. To not care too much. Certainly there are times where discretion is appropriate when dropping a figurative number 2. But I am encouraged to open up a bit more. To figuratively walk clotheless, and drop a big deuce when I am so inclined.

No comments:

Post a Comment