Friday, March 12, 2010

Mass Accountability

I have been blogging for a bit now. Initially, this was an attempt for me to simply write some stuff down, which has been enjoyable and challenging for myself. Whether or not I am well suited for any sort of writing...well lets just say the jury is still way out. My intention is just to put out there some of my story.

I have found that even while writing for myself, I have achieved some sort of degree of virtual accountability. The stuff I am writing down—is it matching up with my life? Honestly, this has been a bit of a challenge. It is easy to say things, think things, and even do things which can vanish in time. Things which may not be "acceptable" or "appropriate", or downright wrong. However, when you're able to look back and read it, it seems there is more at stake.

That said, I am going to heighten my level of accountability for what I "say" here in this digital platform.

I was speaking with some friends this morning, and shared that I was going to invite my "friends" (that of the facebook variety) in. Don't know if this is a good or bad idea of mine. Some of my "friends" I know from a different time. I was different. They were different. Will they accept me? What will they think of me? Gosh, sounds like high school all over again.

Amazing how, even at 42, one can still consider this whole acceptance thing. Perhaps not as much as when I/we were younger, but still have it affect our decision making none the less. Too bad.

So, feel free to read on, un"friend" me, "hide" me, or ignore me, but these are my thoughts, and this is my story.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm-this "acceptance thing" does seem to show its ugly head occasionally, even at my age--67! To encourage others a bit though, it does grow less and less as we walk with the Lord Jesus. I think the consistent walking with Him is what does the trick.

    ReplyDelete